Click on the bold blue text below or on a topic listed on the left side of the page to read more.
Become a member of the American Porphyria Foundation today, and join us in our work for your good health!
When you join the APF, you become an integral part of an organization that empowers patients and helps them on the road to accurate diagnosis, proper care, and some day a cure. Adding your voice to ours makes us all stronger as we address our needs to health care providers, local, state and federal agencies and Congress. If you feel you have porphyria but do not have tests indicating you have one of the diseases, you are welcome to join the APF to keep abreast of new discoveries in diagnostics and treatment.
Members of the American Porphyria Foundation receive:
- Our quarterly newsletter — news about porphyria research and clinical studies, scientific meetings and member get-togethers, and stories about the doctors working in the porphyria field and about members like you;
- Attend APF Patient Educational meetings with Experts Nationwide;
- Receive weekly E-News in your email;
- Free participation in telephone conference calls with top researchers in the porphyria field;
- Knowledge—that you are an important part of keeping reliable medical information about porphyria available to those who are newly diagnosed, or at a crossroads in their porphyria treatment, and frightened;
- And much more!
The American Porphyria Foundation relies on member support to sustain programs like this website and other literature written or approved by porphyria experts.
U.S. memberships are $35 annually; US membership suggested annual donation is $35. Donate and receive a FREE Porphyria Live DVD, as well as a number of pertinent brochures. International memberships are $45. The APF is a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations to the APF are tax deductible.
To join by phone with your VISA or MasterCard, call us toll-free at 1-866-APF-3635 Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central Time. To join by mail or fax, please click here to complete and print the donation form.
Unable to pay? Membership is free to all. The fee is only a suggested donation.
American Porphyria Foundation
4900 Woodway, Suite 780
Houston, TX 77056
Work with us!
The American Porphyria Foundation welcomes donations of your time and talents too. Would you like to volunteer or raise money for the APF, organize or attend an event, in addition to informing yourself about the porphyrias? If so, welcome! You’ll find lots more information in this section of our website on opportunities to get involved in our, and you can always call our office for help: 1-713-266-9617.
The APF is here to serve, and we’re proud to have you with us.