This week more than 40 porphyria experts, PTF trainees and clinical research coordinators will be meeting at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX to advance the porphyria education and research training.
Training agenda items include, but not limited to:
- Heme Biosynthesis Overview
- Biochemical and Molecular Diagnosis of Porphyrias
- Acute Porphyrias: Clinical Manifestations; Treatment and Management
- Porphyria Diagnostic Likelihood
- Erythropoietic Protoporphyrias: Pathogenesis, Clinical Manifestations & Treatment
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda: Pathogenesis & Clinical Manifestations; Treatment & Management
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria: Clinical Manifestations, Treatment & Management
- New Treatments
- Other environmental and genetic effects on heme biosynthesis.
"Remember....Research is the key to your cure!"